The studio art sessions started in January 2012 are off to a great start with a full class of great students. We’ll be continuing the art sessions in February. Space is limited, so be sure to sign up now. If you would like your name to be placed on a waiting list, please send an email to Classes at Berkeley Fine Art Studio.
Here’s the class description:
People have expressed a genuine need to connect with something other than their everyday routine of work and deadlines. Art can be just such an antidote for clearing space in the mind and re-orienting with the world again.
Using themed exercises each month, we will explore re-awakening direct visual experience as well as techniques for expressing the seen world on a two-dimensional surface.
- Every Saturday from 10am to 1pm.
- Sign-up for one month at a time.
- Each month themed on a particular aspect of painting and drawing.
- First month will be to work with charcoal and explore seeing lights and darks and expressing them in there simplest shapes.
- Main intention is to increase awareness of seeing, that is, learning to see more attentively and practicing seeing deeply as a way to be more present and grounded in the moment.
- Month of February is four Saturdays, $80 total for the month.
- Sessions will include some instruction and demonstration. Much of the work will be focused on your work, while recognizing the internal dialogue taking place.
- Where: Berkeley Fine Art Studio, 933 Parker Street, Berkeley CA 9410, between 8th and 9th Streets [Map]
- When: Saturdays, 10am to 1pm
- Cost: $80 for four Saturdays-materials not included.
- Materials: In January, charcoal, drawing pad, kneaded eraser, soft cloth or chamois
- Class size: Limited to 12 students